Hello Dance Club dancers!
Last Thursday was SO fun in Qualicum Beach. Let’s do it again! So excited to get our fall series started, and for the Errington classes to start again NEXT WEEK! This week we have a new warmup (last week we had a preview of the final cardio song in our warmup). This week we have the entire new warmup to dance.
Classes this week:
- Thursday September 19 at 9:30am at Qualicum Beach Community Hall [Info] – Drop in available. Register for pro rated series!
Next week we are back to three classes! The newsletter will shift back to Sunday for next week.
I just finished mixing the full new fall warmup. It has three songs this time – we will spend a bit longer in each tune. The three songs are listed and embedded below.
- Chris Brown, Deorro: Five More Hours (warm it up!)
- Eva Simons: Like That (our isolations and fitness section)
- Fabriq: Serotonin (the cardio bit!)
You can listen to the music below! They are all fairly upbeat this time.
Chris Brown, Deorro – Five More Hours:
Eva Simons – Like That:
Fabriq – Serotonin:
We have two requests so far from our song catalog for Thursday (thanks Penny!) Let me know any requests you have. I think I’ll also bring back an old arm song for the class – but otherwise a similar playlist to last week.
New class series in Errington, and registration
The classes at Errington Hall start next week! This includes the new format Gentle Groove on Monday mornings. The classes are at the following times:
- Gentle Groove: Monday at 9:30am
- Cardio Dance Club: Wednesday at 6:00pm.
What is Gentle Groove?
Gentle Groove is the same kind of class as Cardio Dance Club with the following primary differences:
- The class is lower intensity. The songs are motivating and upbeat, but the beat will be a little bit slower and the moves less intense.
- The class is low impact. We will not be jumping, do not expect high knees, and so on. While you can certainly make the regular class low impact by doing modifications, Gentle Groove will be low impact by design without needing to modify.
- The choreography/moves don’t change as quickly. Expect most of the moves to last a bit longer before they change, for example.
Like the regular class you can modify to fit your own desired intensity. I will always invite you to increase or decrease as desired to get what you need out of the hour.
Register for Errington classes:
Register online using the links below, or visit the Errington Farmer’s Market this Saturday between 10am and 1pm. Find the tent with the giant yellow “Fitness Classes” signs out front.
You can register here for Monday.
You can register here for Wednesday.
Hope to see you on Thursday in Qualicum Beach!