This week… new songs. Next week we are back to the full class schedule – five classes will be available! On to the announcements.
- No class again this week in Qualicum Beach – spring break. Our next series in QB starts next week (Thursday 9:30am) and we dance right through to the end of June! Save money and REGISTER for our new series!
- Join us at our new class in Parksville! The class takes place at FLUID Fitness (near Boston Pizza and Tim Hortons in Parksville – map here) on Tuesday at 6:00pm. Special introductory drop-in for $10 or use your ACRA punch card. Get a punch card online here.
- Only 2 spots left (as of Sunday) for Dance Club starting up in Nanaimo on April 3rd. I think maybe 23 people have registered already? If so I can only imagine the noise we’re gonna make in that space! If you’re interested, grab your spot soon! Drop-in only as space allows. Classes run Wednesday nights at 5:30pm at Oliver Woods Community Centre, register and grab your spot! But do it soon!
- Errington classes have single-class drop-in available again ($12)! We will be announcing new, easier ways to come to drop-in/attend classes very soon, so stay tuned.
Classes this week:
- Monday March 25th at 9:30am at Errington Hall. [Info]
- Tuesday March 26th at 6:00pm at FLUID Fitness. [Info]
- Thursday March 28th at 6:00pm Errington Hall. [Info]
Next week we’re back in Qualicum Beach and Nanaimo. Yes!
New music in class
OK, the part of the newsletter I get all excited about. I’m introducing a new cool-down and stretch combo. And last week I changed up the music for our new arms song. I’ve been looking into the music of Billie Eilish and became hooked pretty quick (this kid is a brilliant singer/songwriter – super worldly beyond her years for sure and really does her own thing which is neat to see). ANYWAY. On to the music.
Our arms song (dropped Stitches last week, and instead we’re doing this song). Doing this song at all classes this week!
If you want to hear another really neat song of hers, check out Copycat. It’ll probably end up in a future playlist down the road too.
New cool down (pre-stretch song). 2019 Backstreet Boys, yeah I’m as surprsed as y’all are. But it’s a good groove song, I think. I hope? This should start in Tuesday’s class.
And this song is the new one to stretch to… especially for the lyrics. Most likely starting this one in Monday’s class.
Will there be a surprise cardio addition by Thursday? Maybe. Come to class to find out! And as always, if there’s something you want returned from the song catalog, let me know!
In the garden/farm/whatever
Haven’t done a Windy Bottom Farm update for a minute! I am not sure if I said this in some previous newsletter, but the windstorm took down my 900+sqft greenhouse – popped the thousands-of-pounds thing right up into the air, blew it over 15 feet to the east, and then BAM crashed down and busted up. Then the deer promptly moved in that same night and ate the winter garden that used to be inside 🙂 Hey, they saw an opportunity and took it! Can’t fault the deer for that.
Anyway, we’ve took down what remained of the structure, cleaned that thing out, and are starting new deer fencing, building new beds, creating new paths, and have a bunch of seedlings on the go inside. Exciting times. Big batches of kale, tomatoes, purslane, ground cherries, stevia, and peppers on the go among some other things. But lots of tomatoes again this year.
How are all you doing? Hit reply, or friend me on Facebook.
Take it easy, and hope to dance with you soon!